St Josephine Bakhita, born in Darfur, Sudan, was kidnapped at the age of nine and sold into slavery.
- JRS detention volunteers trained to spot the signs of modern slavery
- The Australian Catholic Bishops’ Conference back efforts to eliminate modern slavery
- Cardinal Nichols pays tribute to the Apostleship of the Sea
- Holy See: human trafficking is the “largest manifestation of modern slavery”
- Pope Francis appeals to Catholics in England and Wales to ‘open (their) eyes’ and ‘hear (the) cry’ of human trafficking victims